In order to evaluate the quality and medical value of your Medical Grant request in a timely and efficient manner, the following is a summary of the Grant Submission Requirements:
- Description of the Medical Activity to receive funding
- Requested funding from Astellas, including any co-supporters, overhead, and taxes (if applicable)
- Description of the organization requesting funding and governance structure (if applicable)
- Description of how the Medical Activity addresses an identified medical/scientific need to improve health outcomes and patient care
- Confirmation that Astellas' support will be acknowledged
Failure to submit all required or requested materials will delay the review of funding requests. Only complete grant requests submitted at least 60 days prior to the activity date will be considered for funding.
For full submission requirements, please see below.
Steps for Submission
- Confirm your activity meets the Eligibility Criteria
- Complete the Application Form (PDF) – Updated as of August 1, 2017
- Submit package by either email or mail:
Mail Astellas Pharma Canada, Inc. c/o Medical Grants 675 Cochrane Drive, Suite 500, West Tower Markham, ON, L3R 0B8
Applicants should expect to receive notification from Astellas indicating receipt of the request within two (2) business days of receipt of the request by Astellas.
Astellas will review, and provide a decision upon, all requests for funding within 45 days of receiving a completed submission. Incomplete requests will require further follow-up and will not be reviewed until all necessary requested information is received by Astellas.
All completed activities will require reconciliation documentation (financial and activity resolution), within 90 days of the activity end date. Failure to provide this post activity documentation will affect future funding support.
Last updated: August 1, 2017